- Restaurant on the campsite
- Games/entertainment for children
- Sport and games
- Washing facilities
Camping in St. Jean-de-Monts France
The seaside resort of St. Jean de Monts lies on the sunny Atlantic coast in the Pays de la Loire region of France. There are beaches, marshes and forests in the area around St. Jean-de-Monts, which makes it a real paradise for nature lovers. There is also a lot to experience in the village itself, from horse riding to archery. Camping on one of the many campsites in St. Jean de Monts gives you the chance to discover the region.
Adventures in nature
- You can take delightful beach walks on the coast of St. Jean de Monts. However, why would you walk when you can ride a horse? Nelly’s Ranch riding school organises horse riding treks through the forests and along the beach for beginners and more advanced riders. Experience a romantic sunset ride or a day out with the family. Young children can also enjoy a ride on a pony just for them.
- At the heart of St. Jean de Monts is Explora Parc, where both you and your children can enjoy yourselves. Explora Parc is a sports and nature park where you can take part in archery and tennis, climb on the adventure tracks, hike and much much more.
- You can also play golf in St. Jean de Monts. The St. Jean de Monts Golf Club has an excellent golf course which is situated on the beach with a view across the Atlantic Ocean. The golf course in St. Jean de Monts belongs to the top thirty most beautiful courses in France.
Excursions in the area
An hour away by car from St. Jean de Monts is the harbour town of Nantes. Nantes has a rich history, which is clear when you visit the town. There are many sights, such as the Castle of the Dukes of Brittany and the Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul, which make excellent additions to your holiday itinerary during your stay in St. Jean de Monts. On an island in the centre of the town is the Machines de L'Île , which has enormous steel animals that rumble through the streets. There is even a large steel merry-go-round!
- Île d’Yeu
You can take a ferry from Saint Gilles Croix de Vie and Fromentire to the bustling island of Île d'Yeu. You can enjoy the beautiful landscape and the fishing and harbour culture of the island. There is also a castle on the island, which is well known because of the French Marshal and Minister, Philippe Pétain, who sat out his lifelong sentence of imprisonment here for collaboration with the Germans during the Second World War.
La Route du Sel leads you and your canoe through the wonderful and mysterious marshes of the nearby commune of Sallertaine. Discover the stunning landscape whilst you make your way through the maze of creeks, rivers and marshland.
If you don't mind travelling a little farther afield, regionale natuurpark Brière is definitely worth a visit. A one and a half hour drive from St. Jean de Monts is the protected nature reserve of Brière, where you can enjoy delightful hikes and bike rides in this beautiful landscape.
Camping in St. Jean de Monts
The campsites in St. Jean de Monts are all close to the beach. They have a leisure pool or a beautiful swimming pool and many recreational activities for you and your family. The campsites in St. Jean de Monts are not only the perfect base to discover the area and the village, they are also a great place to spend the day as a family. There are plenty of activities to enjoy at the campsite itself, such as the playground or miniclub for the children, an extensive entertainment programme and a gym. If you are tired of sport, many of the campsites in St. Jean de Monts have WiFi, so you can relax and enjoy surfing the internet next to your mobile home or camping pitch.
The Atlantic coast is well known for its delightful summers and mild winters. St. Jean de Monts is no exception. It lies in the Vendée, one of the sunniest regions of France. The coast where the village lies is not called the 'coast of light' for nothing. There are at least 2,450 hours of sunshine here per year on average. During the sunniest months of July and August, the temperatures rise into the high twenties. It is also very pleasant in the spring with temperatures around 20 degrees.
Popular campsites Saint-Jean-de-Monts View campsites
- Campsite shop
- Restaurant on the campsite